The Performance Secret Your Competition Doesn't Want You To Know.
You enter the season and you are at the peak of your game. You bought all the best equipment, maybe even fancy spandex that claims to increase performance. You practiced and prepared for hundreds of extra hours, you ate egg whites and lean meat for 4 weeks, stretched, rested, and now it’s game time. But, I bet you neglected one major thing. Your own musculoskeletal system. Sure training will keep muscle strong, but you can get a whole lot more out those fancy spandex if you actually took care of those tight muscles and sticky joints throughout the year. Didn’t think your own body could slow you down did ya? It works just like car maintenance, except you can't trade in your body for a new one every 3 years.
We created Performance Packages to reduce tight and sore muscles, correct functional asymmetries, correct your functional movement patterns, and set your body up right to perform at it's peak throughout the year.
Still don’t know if you should? Chew on this for a while:
1. Athletic Performance and Chiropractic Research Fifty athletes were divided into two groups. One group received chiropractic care while the other group did not receive care. They were tested for agility, balance, power, speed, and hand reaction time. After 12 weeks, the chiropractic group's improvement was 16.7% including a more than 30% improvement in reaction time. The [chiropractic] athlete reacts faster, coordinates better, and executes fine movements with improved accuracy and precision, amounting to an overall better athlete. (1)
2. University baseball players were divided into a chiropractic and non-chiropractic group. They were tested for vertical jump, standing broad jump, broad jump, muscle strength, pulse rate, electrocardiogram, blood pressure, and treadmill stress testing. The group who received chiropractic care showed significant improvement over the control group. (2)
3. Many amateur and professional athletes wouldn't dream of competing without first getting a chiropractic spinal checkup. That's why 75% of the San Francisco 49ers received chiropractic care the day they won the 1990 Super Bowl. Dr. Nick Athens, their chiropractor, says: "Athletes are always looking for ways to improve their performance on the field; chiropractic care is one of the best ways to accomplish this." (3, 4)
1. Lauro BM. Chiropractic Effects On Athletic Ability. Chiropractic: The Journal of Chiropractic Research and Clinical Investigations. 1991; 6:84-87.
2. Schwartbauer J, Kolber J, Schwartbauer DC, Hart JDC, Zhang J. Effects Of Chiropractic Care On Athletic Performance In Baseball Players. Paper presented at The National Subluxation Conference, October 12-13, 1996, Phoenix, AZ.
3. News Release. International Chiropractic Association Review. March/April 1990.
4. Interview with Nick Athens, DC. Chiropractic Archievers. November/December 1989;38.